Kalimah Tayyibah

share and show love

Ya’la ibne-Shaddad Radiyallahu ‘anhu says that my father Shaddad narrated to me in the presence of ‘Ubadah ibne-Samit Radiyallahu ‘anhuma who verified the narration; He said: “We were present with Nabi Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam. He inquired: Is there any stranger amongst you, that is, the people of the Book?” We said: No, O Rasulullah! He then asked us to shut the door and said: Raise your hands and say La ilaha illallah. So, we raised our hands for a while (and recite the Kalimah). Afterwards Nabi Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam lowered his hand and said: Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah). O Allah! Verily, You have sent me with this Kalimah and have ordered me to convey it and have promised me Paradise on it, and verily, You do not break your Promise. He then said addressing the Sahabah: Indeed, rejoice for Allah has forgiven you! (Musnad Ahmad, Tabarani, Bazzar, Majma-‘uz-Zawaid)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments